JCTLM Working Group on Traceability: Education and Promotion (JCTLM-TEPWG)
JCTLM Working Group on Traceability is charged to produce and promote educational materials to demonstrate the value of traceability in laboratory medicine to reduce between method variability in the interests of improved clinical outcomes and patient safety.
To produce and promote educational materials to demonstrate the value of traceability in laboratory medicine to reduce between method variability in the interests of improved clinical outcomes and patient safety.
- Members of WG-TEP will be approved by the JCTLM Executive Committee. They will serve a two-year term of office, renewable at two-year periods.
- Membership of WG-TEP will comprise:
- Representatives of each of the organizations on the JCTLM Executive Committee
- Four persons representing the wider JCTLM Membership
- Persons co-opted based on their skills and experience in educational and promotional materials
- The Chair of WG-TEP will be selected by the JCTLM Executive Committee and will attend meetings of the Executive Committee.
- The Secretary of WG-TEP will be chosen by the WG-TEP Members.
- Organization of the two-yearly JCTLM Members Meeting
- Organization of JCTLM scientific and educational meetings, symposia and conferences
- Assessment of applications for meetings to be held with JCTLM auspices
- Production of educational materials to promote the value of traceability in laboratory medicine
- In conjunction with the JCTLM Secretariat production of the annual JCTLM enewsletter
- Production and maintenance of a ‘traceability’ website, which contains information, resource material and regular news items about the role of traceability in laboratory medicine. This website will link to the JCTLM database and will be available to link to the websites of all JCTLM members
Method of Working:
- WG-TEP reports through its Chair to the JCTLM Executive Committee
- WG-TEP will meet mainly by electronic communication (teleconference, Skype etc). WG-TEP will normally hold four such meetings each year. WG-TEP will hold a face to face meeting at least once every two years in association with the JCTLM Members meeting
- WG-TEP will produce brief notes of each meeting with action points, which will be sent to the JCTLM Secretariat for distribution to Executive Committee members
- Budgets for all WG-TEP activities, including JCTLM conferences and workshops will be subject to approval by the Executive Committee
- The expenses of WG-TEP members will be covered by their parent organization or employer
|Elvar Theodorsson||Eurachem, TEP WG Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org||SE|
|Stephanie Maniguet||BIPM, TEP WG Secretaryemail@example.com||FR|
|Chen Baorong||Kingmed Diagnostics Group Co.Ltdfirstname.lastname@example.org||CN|
|Penny Moyahabo Mangany||NMISA||PManganyi@nmisa.org||ZA|
|Aída Porras||Quik SASemail@example.com||CO|
|Albert Tsui||Alberta Public Laboratoriesfirstname.lastname@example.org||CA|
|Paul Yip||Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centreemail@example.com||CA|