News - 11 Septemebr 201709/11/2017
New series of JCTLM webinars – freely available
The JCTLM team has been busy over the summer period. Under the leadership of Prof Elvar Theodorsson from Sweden a series of short webinars has been produced. Each webinar addresses a specific aspect of traceability in laboratory medicine and method standardization. These webinars are freely available through links provided below.
There are currently eight webinars as follows:
- All results are made and interpreted by comparison. Elvar Theodorsson (SE)
- The pillars of standardization. Elvar Theodorsson (SE)
- Standardization and harmonization. Elvar Theodorsson (SE).
- Basic traceability chains. Jeanita Pritchett NIST (USA).
- Examples of reference materials. Jeanita Pritchett NIST (USA)
- Examples of reference measurement procedures Jeanita Pritchett NIST (USA)
- Basics of traceability applied to laboratory medicine. Anja Kessler (DE)
- Traceable and commutable calibrators. David Ducroq (UK).
Two further webinars on commutability will be added over the next weeks to complete the series.
The webinars have been published in the IFCC eAcademy. Access to the series may be obtained from: http://eacademy.ifcc.org/events/jctlm-webinars/
The webinars may also be accessed from the JCTLM website (www.jctlm.org) in the Resources section. The PowerPoint slides that support the webinars are available separately from the JCTLM website.
Traceability in laboratory medicine is becoming increasingly important in the global initiative to reduce between-method variability as driver for accurate results for patient care. This series of webinars will be of interest to laboratory medicine specialists and those responsible for training them; to external quality assessment (EQA) organisations; and to the manufacturers of diagnostic assays and equipment.